Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Another One Under The Bus

4 and a half years. Thats how long I lived in China. I had no idea that while I was gone, America would go on living without me. I'm hurt that the people of my home country didnt stop their lives to wait for my return. C'est la vie.
Now that I have returned the job hunt begins. I had a job in China. A pretty good one. I was a college professor. Thats right I got paid to profess things on a daily basis. I hate teaching though. It took me becoming a teacher to learn that.
Perhaps thats not entirely accurate. I dont hate teaching, I just hate students. The vast majority of my students didnt want to be there, and I didnt want them there. It took me a year or so to develop a style of teaching that they responded to. It basically involved me sitting on a desk, making jokes, and asking about their days. To be serious for a second, the less formal structure I used in class, the better my students responded. My plan was to trick them into learning. It worked.
So now I live back in the states, temporarily with my parents. If I dont move out of here in the next month, everyone in this house will die except me and the dogs.
Welcome to my new blog, hope you enjoy it and occasionally laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment