Thursday, July 12, 2012

Too Creepy To Title

Oh my. NASCAR is finally the creepiest "sport" in America. Linda Chase of Jackson, Michigan kept her roommates body for over a year. She said she would watch NASCAR with Charles Ziglers dead body. I'll give you a minute to go throw up.
I feel like I'm missing a joke about a NASCAR zombie starving.
Get it, cause they eat brains.

Back with me? Good. Ms. Chase (yes, I'm assuming she's not married) said she kept him because she was sick of being alone and he was the only person who was nice to her. The only thing sadder than that would be if she was a puppy with a limp. It's getting hard to see the screen through the tears in my eyes. Never has pathos been stronger.
It keeps getting sadder when you take into account that Mr. Zigler died 18 months ago and his family didn't bother calling to check on him until recently. Ms. Chase says that Mr. Zigler died peacefully in his sleep.
Is this an indictment of NASCARs boredom factor or its appeal. On the one hand, the events are so dull that they are literally making people bored to death. On the other hand, it's viewership is so loyal that they keep watching after death. Does this define the phrase "die-hard fan"?

No comments:

Post a Comment