Saturday, January 28, 2012

Generic Post Title #2812

Well its been a long week and a silent one at that but I swear I have a good reason. After a year of living in what is generously called a hovel, we have moved on to better digs. It wasnt that the old place was ugly and terrible. It was more the fact that it was built in the late 1970's and hasnt been touched since. The carpet was one step below shag and the wall panelling was clearly inspired by my dentists old office. There was a serious lack of insulation so during the winter we either froze or had to sell our bodies to pay for propane heat. The lack of insulation should have been great during the summer but for some reason, the place turned into a dutch oven, even without farting. I struggle to call the kitchen a kitchen because it was more of a closet with a stove. I wont terrify you, dear reader, with the details of the bathroom. Needless to say, I'm glad that I will no longer have to duck when I take a shower.
So we spent the week moving. It turns out moving takes a lot longer when all you have is a 2003 Nissan Sentra to ferry everything to the new place. We rented a Uhaul for a day and blitzed the furniture which resulted in the total collapse of my rather impressive musculature. By the end of that day, my arms and legs felt like ribbons. I drove back and forth over the next couple days; filling the car, emptying it, fixing up the old place, doing supply runs.
All told, this was the most exhausting move I've ever done and it also happened to be the shortest distance too. Moving to China and back was easier. Mostly because all I had was a trunk and a duffel bag. Now that the move is done we are able to settle in. We finally have TV and internet. Never thought going 5 days without internet would be so hard.
Anyway, Now that I'm back online I can continue posting to my wildly popular blog. Future topics include colonoscopy contests, awkward pimples, cookies, shock collars, and robotic velociraptors.

No comments:

Post a Comment