Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Cat+Fish+Chainmail=Our Doom!

Who would have thought that fish could be so scary. Last week I brought you news of the gigantic shark that was caught in the Sea of Cortez. Now it seems that other sea-demons are making their way into our rivers and lakes. It would seem that there is a new species of catfish invading South Florida's waterways. But catfish aren't scary, they're delicious. Or are they?
That doesn't look so bad
Did I mention that it's an armored catfish? I'm pretty sure I did. They got their name from their impressive blacksmithing skills which allow them to don suits of armor, giving them a +3 bonus to their defense and a +1 bonus to their hitpoints.
These armored catfish are apparently eroding the coasts and digging holes to lay their eggs and ambush hapless humans to take them to their underground dungeons. Furthermore, it's too difficult to catch the bastards. They don't respond to baited hooks, unless it's baited with human flesh I assume. The only way to catch them is with nets or spears.
Yes, spears. It seems counterintuitive that a spear is the best hope against an armored beast from the depths of hell, but it's true. So far there's no word on if the spear must be made of adamantium or dragonbone, but I think it's safe to assume so. I wonder if the introduction of dogfish would have an effect. Get it? Cause dogs chase cats.
Frankly is the rise of these monsters isn't proof that Cthulhu is rising, I don't know what is. I've already resolved to never step foot in non-chlorinated water but now I think I'll avoid all coastlines as well. The last thing I want is to step into an armored catfish hole, break my ankle, and be pulled under by the dark lord of chaos and destruction. God help us all.
Come on and give me a kiss big fella

No comments:

Post a Comment