Sunday, April 1, 2012

Noooooooo!

Apparently, its April 1st. I had no idea since I spent the last 24 hours in bed, having confusing fever dreams and sweating profusely. Honestly, a normal Sunday. I wish I had stayed in bed because when I woke up and started reading the news, I was mortified by what I read. Two Time Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning has been traded to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for their first round draft pick and a few other picks over the next couple years. Why god why?
The Colts had their Manning and they blew it. Word of this secret deal broke late last night but as I said earlier, I had a fever of 108 (might have been less) and thought the dog was a Roomba.
The worlds first animal android hybrid. Bow to it
I dug up a quote from Eli giving his reasons for the move. However, if you're like me there is no reason good enough.

After playing really intensely lately, freedom of options lifts souls.

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean. If this is what Eli really sounds like, then maybe the move is for the best. I just can't believe the Giants would take such a chance on a new quarterback when they have a champion already. It's bad enough that we already lost Mario Manningham and Brandon Jacobs. Osi Umenyiora is in danger of leaving if they don't pay him. 
I'm starting to think that either my fever has caused me to hallucinate this trade or my illness, combined with Eli's exit, is a sign of the end of times. I can't believe the Mayans had it right. Jerks.

No comments:

Post a Comment